International students in their bid to further their education have been looking out to other countries to achieve their dream, especially in cases such opportunity is not available in their home country or due to the poor educational standard.
According to the British Council, the influx of international students has become a Higher Education (HE) priority across the majority of the national education systems, and therefore, the value for studying abroad is experiencing steady, and long-term growth.
The objective of this accreditation is to distinguish those higher education (HE) institutions such as universities, colleges, schools and other tertiary education organizations that are providing a remarkable experience for international students and thus becoming an international destination for HE.
Any university, college, school and tertiary education organization offering education in the HE sector (after high school), any degree (diploma, bachelor, master, PhD, etc.), public or private, from any country, offering classroom or online-based education can apply to this accreditation.
- Validate and endorsement by an independent institution such as The Transfer Institute that your HE institution is providing or in the process of providing a remarkable experience for international students.
- Improve your HE institution reputation; thus, increased visibility and consideration of prospect students and other organizations.
- Differentiate your HE institution from fellows in the currently competitive business environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to the creation of the knowledge economy and the new derived international HE landscape.
- Join a growing community of accredited HE institutions that are providing remarkable experiences for international students.
The Transfer Institute, as an independent body awarding accreditation, ensures that an HE institution comply with the below accreditation rubric. That is, a set of four quality standards and the criteria against which achievement of these standards will be measured.
Quality standard #1: Quality of education
- An institution’s quality of education defines its reputation. It elucidates the competence of HE institutions’ educators and management in delivering high standard education to international students; highlighting the methodology of teaching and available facilities and equipment standard. The institution ensures all educators have required qualifications and available facilities and equipment standard complies with the accreditation body’s specification.
- A “International Experience” accredited Higher Education Institution demonstrates a high commitment to the quality of the education that is provided to international students.
Criteria to get accredited
- 1.1. Teaching standard. The institution quality of teaching is of high standard. It implements all teaching practice stipulated by the accreditation board or internal policy standards. Its reputation is of good character and ranks great in the list of top schools when available.
- 1.2. Research works. The institution possesses all relevant facilities and equipment for training students. Academia in the school are actively involved in research works and students are encouraged to carry out research works in their area of study.
- 1.3. Practical. Tutors stimulate real-life experiences to train students on how to effectively use what they are learning in the real world. Practical classes are incorporated into the curriculum to aid the quick learning and retention of theoretical teachings.
- 1.4. Extra curriculum activities. The institution organises extra curriculum activities to teach students interpersonal relationship skills and the spirit of team work. It encourages students to participate in sport games, scientific-based activities, cultural-based activities, etc.
- 1.1. to 1.4. Examples, proofs, brochures and links to show that the school is considering the above-mentioned aspects.
Quality standard #2: International environment
- An international environment exposes students to different cultures, languages, mindset of the country, with optimal reduction in creating barrier that might impede quick adaption and comfortability such as racism. All students of the institution will be treated equally irrespective of their nationality except in cases of some payment and reasons for difference is understandable.
- A “International Experience” accredited Higher Education Institution offers a high-quality guidance and hospitality for international students, helping them adapt to their new environment.
Criteria to get accredited
- 2.1. Global mindset. Institution encourages international and global mindset by means of several mechanisms such as an international affairs office, partnerships with international institution and bodies in academic, research and business.
- 2.2. Multicultural experience. There are students from different countries in the institution and this gives international students multicultural experiences. Also the institution has international faculty.
- 2.3. Students interrelationships. The institution provides occasions and events to showcase the students’ different cultures, enable international students to have a glimpse of what others’ culture looks like, establish professional and business-oriented connections, offer a medium for networking which can result in a lifetime connection among students, provide associations such as International Students Association.
- 2.1. to 2.3. Examples, proofs, brochures and links to show that the school is considering the above-mentioned aspects.
Quality standard #3: Low internationalization barriers
- Higher Education institutions ready to enroll international students will make mode of application easily accessible to international students in their home country. In certain cases, they may partner with different boards to subsidize and make studying in their institutions affordable for the students.
- A “International Experience” accredited Higher Education Institution reduces to the minimum all barriers that could discourage international students from studying abroad.
Criteria to get accredited
- 3.1. Counselling. School representatives and ambassadors are readily available to advise prospect international students on anything concerning the institution, the country and the experience in preparation for their future enrolment such as educational system, national laws, etc.
- 3.2. Financial aids. The institution offers scholarships and financial aids to international students to reduce their educational expenses to study abroad. The scholarship and financial aids are based on merit criteria which can be easily evaluated.
- 3.3. Visa processing. The institution maintains a good rapport with the country embassy located in students’ countries. Admission letter are sent to students in due time to ease their visa application processes.
- 3.1. to 3.3. Examples, proofs, brochures and links to institution’s website to show that the school is considering the above-mentioned aspects.
Quality standard #4: High quality student experiences
- International students aside obtaining high quality education are expected to enjoy varieties of experiences, especially those that triggers emotions and make them feel at home. The institution must portray good image of the country to avoid bad evaluation of the country citizens by the international students.
- A “International Experience” accredited Higher Education Institution offers a fun filled and heart touching experiences for international students.
Criteria to get accredited
- 4.1. Campus facilities. Accommodation, welcome party and orientation seminar are organised for new international students to make them settle-in easily.
- 4.2. Students career services. Students are advised to develop themselves to become employable by means of a wide range of available career development activities (i.e. soft skills, personal growth).
- 4.3. Professional opportunities. International students are encouraged to complete a research work in their area of study, take internships, engage with industries, etc. The institution partners industries for possibility of employment in the companies.
- 4.4. Cultural exposure. Students are encouraged to explore the country, visiting different county and local areas, and also to engage in local culture.
- 4.1. to 4.4. Examples, proofs, brochures and links to show that the school is considering the above-mentioned aspects.
Gaining the certification
To gain the certification the institution must comply with at least 80% of the criteria, both overall and in all of the quality standards.
Validity of the accreditation
This accreditation is valid for two years. The Institution can renew it after this period.
How to get accredited
- First-time application to get the accreditation, review and credential issue: EUR 995
- Application to renew the accreditation every two years, review and credential issue: EUR 495
Apply now to this certification through our online store by clicking below button.